Sunday, June 5, 2011

Spring Valley Campground - June 3-5

Camping again? OF COURSE! It's what we do people! Tyler is still in the thick of baseball so we had to go someplace close enough to get back for his game on Sunday morning. We chose this campground we always pass on I-70 in Cambridge. I wasn't expecting much because it seems to be a smallish campground (from the interstate view) and honestly we just wanted a place to go and camp. Also worth nothing - this was our very first camping trip alone - it was just us and the kids for the most part, save a visit from my sister Kenna. It was SO nice only having to drive half an hour after work on Friday. We lucked out with a great site, right across the street from a huge field and a playground area. We were very happy and pleasantly surprised with this campground. They had a nice lake, a decent pool, some fun activities and the staff there was so friendly. The downfall to the trip was the storm that kicked up on Saturday, resulting in us going to bed much earlier than we would have liked. But we will go back!

My ratings:
Bathrooms - HUGE and clean. I didn't shower this trip due to leaving so early on Sunday (yes, I know) so I can't speak for the showers. My sister Kenna said they was plenty of water pressure and plenty of hot water, after she tried 2 other stalls though. Still though, better than many I've been in.

Sites - still dealing with the saturation issue which was extremly pronounced on Sunday after it stormed ALL night. But the sites were actually very nice and level and our particular site was in an awesome spot. The only thing missing was a lot of shade BUT this campground is rather new and so some of that was due to the trees there still being small.

Amenities - The playground was old but they had a very nice sandbox (the kids loved it) and the open field area beside the playground was really nice for playing baseball. There was also a lake onsite with a swimming area. Tyler got in the water but yeah, Delana and I passed. The pool was nothing spectacular but at least they had one and it was clean. On Saturday night there was free kettle corn and that was pretty fun.

Staff - extremely nice! Their office and store were also really nice.

Things nearby - Well this one isn't much to write home about because well we were home so we didn't do much. That said, WalMart in Cambridge is literally about 5 minutes from the campground. You could almost walk there. Very convenient!

Rate per night - $29 per site which I felt was a little high for what the campground offered.

I rate this campground as: GOOD
We will go back though b/c it's close to home and convenient for baseball season.

Obligatory pics:
SMORES on Friday night:


The slide at the lake and Tyler going down it:



Tyler at the pool on Saturday:

No comments:

Post a Comment