Today has been, well, a VERY GREAT day. I assume most of you who read my blog (if any that is) also are friends of mine on Facebook & on my mom board. And so this means that if you've been paying attention, you know I've been hitting the gym HARD core since 2010 began. I've started weight training as well as cardio and I even tried a zumba class once (which I really did enjoy, thanks April) and it's been going pretty damn good if I do say so myself. On my mom board, we are having a Biggest Loser Challenge contest and Fridays are our dreaded weigh in days. Today marked week three and so at 7:00 this morning, my VERY GREAT day began. I'm down 7 lbs since I weighed in on January 8. SEVEN POUNDS! I weigh the least I have probably since I was 18, no lie!!
Then I get to work and overall had a fantastic day there due to some budget news. I'm not at liberty to discuss it on a public forum but trust me, VERY GREAT news! Not even 8:30 yet and I've had two VERY GREAT things happen. The rest of the day was good enough. And then I even hit the gym before coming home and had another excellent workout (watch out TBLC bitches!) before coming home to the easiest dinner in the world - PIZZA!
The final part of the VERY GREAT day was Tyler's report card. The boy kicks ass, that's all there is to it. He received a 100% on EVERYthing. He didn't miss a thing in reading or math:
identifies upppercase & lowercase letter 26/26 (13 sets)
letter sounds 13/13
reading high frequency words 15/15
writes uppercase & lowercase letters - 26/26 (13 sets)
shapes 4/4
recognizes numbers 11/11
1 to 1 correspondence (?) - 10/10
counts to 50 - checkmark
patterns - checkmark
orders events - checkmark
100% !!!!!!
He also received a 4 on writing which means he "writes in complete thoughts with conventions of print and some words spelled correctly." This one really makes my day b/c last 9 weeks he received a 2 so he has really improved!
Then, Miss Thornburg remarked in the comments section:
"Tyler works hard on his assignments and is anxious to please. Keep up the good work!"
The above statement made Bryan remark - what is he, a dog? LOL
So yeah, like I said it's been:
a VERY GREAT day!!!!
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(62)
-
▼
January
(11)
- a VERY GREAT day
- Discovering new talents
- Sometimes it's better not to ask
- MLK through the eyes of a 5 year old
- Work it girl - supermodel!
- A geology lesson
- Bowling, bowling, bowling - keep those balls a'rol...
- Indoor fun
- Christmas break keeps going and going and going....
- What's in a name?
- Disney on Ice
-
▼
January
(11)
Cool blog, Summer!! I hate that aboutmybaby is closing down! Where is the mom board now? Is this the same group we all used to have?
ReplyDelete