If anyone would have told me one year ago when I started Zumba classes at the YMCA, I'd be attending a 2 hour Zumbathon event one year later I would have laughed in their face. Yes, really I would have. You may not know this about me but I have zero rhythm. ZER-RO! No seriously. I like to joke that I have two left feet and one of them is broken. But my sister-in-law kept after me to come and try it out. So I did. And I kept going, and I kept going and well you get the picture. Last night is where it all got crazy. I agreed to attend a charity Zumbathon for WV Children's Hospital held in Morgantown, WV - a zumba master one at that. Erick Santana who is supposedly one of the IT guys for zumba was one of the instructors even. Yeah. Me. 2 hours of Zumba. Hahaha!
It wound up being two hours and twenty minutes. But I'm proud to say I made it through without breaking anything or hurting anyone else. The first hour and a half went pretty quickly but that last half hour (oh wait 50 minutes) really was hard. And of course, that's when Erick took the stage.
The next day was ROUGH - I felt like I had been out all night drinking. Bryan and I had wanted to leave the house around 8:00 to first head to the outlets for some shopping (FOR ME!) and then to Ikea to get some supplies for our office makeover. Um, yeah, we left the house at 10:00. Oops! I just couldn't get out of bed. But I'm happy to report I got plenty of shop on - new Nikes, new workout tank (best find of the day, $6!) and a new warmup jacket. And then it was on to the Columbia outlet where I scored a winter coat for $60 (second best find of the day!) and fleece jackets for both me and Tyler. And then *cue scary music* it was on to Ikea. Holy hell that place was a zoo! It is never a good idea to hit Ikea on the weekend but it had to be done. We got everything I went in for and then some because come on, you don't leave Ikea with just what you came in for! I am so excited to start out office makeover. This will give me something to look forward to in February aka the armpit month of the year.
Later that evening, we then went out to dinner with a great group of friends followed by a fun night at the Halfway to Jambo Party. Good, busy FUN weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment