I keep falling off the planet here and for that I do apologize. It seems like every time I turn around, something new is coming. Anyway, today I was going back on my infamous mom board searching on the word "Tyler" and here's some stuff I've missed in my absence here
January 31: I love Tyler's confidence!
Last week he INSISTED on wearing a Christmas shirt to school. It wasn't just a red/white/black/green shirt, it was clearly a Christmas shirt. It was the Gymboree or Crazy 8 one that says, "I'm Santa's favorite!" I asked him, "Are you SURE you want to wear this? It is a Christmas shirt and Christmas is over." He said, "Why wouldn't I want to wear it?" to which I replied, "Well buddy I just don't want you getting upset if someone would tease you about it." He just said, "Mom I don't care about that. I want to wear this shirt today."
Okay then. Rock on with your Christmas shirt dude!
December 15: Tyler brought home a picture from his buddy today
It said:
To Tyler J
We pay together
From Jacob
Unfortunately Jacob made the "p" backwards and it maybe looked a little like a "g". Yeah I got a good laugh!
November 5: So turns out Tyler talks too much
(This is in reference to parent teacher conferences with his 1st grade teacher Mrs. Cook.)
Hahaha, this not surprising! She didn't say it was a problem but that "he likes to talk" and then she just went on & on about how all the teachers love him & think he's just so cute with his glasses. She showed me how they do the AR stuff and explained why it was put back into the classrooms instead of in the library (like it is for the older kids) which was because some of the 1st graders aren't getting into the system right and were getting zeroes so the teachers asked for it to be done in their rooms so they can help them a bit easier. Let's see what else...oh we talked about his behavior/maturity and she told me that "Tyler is a leader" and "very smart." Yeah....that's what I like to hear.
October 15: What Delana wants for Christmas according to Tyler
So on the way home tonight, I started the what do you want to ask Santa for conversation trying to plant some ideas. Tyler gave me some ideas pretty quickly but Delana wasn't saying much. I heard Tyler whispering something to her and then he said, "Tell her Delana. Tell her what you are asking Santa for." She didn't say anything so I asked Tyler to tell me. He said:
WARNING: PUT YOUR DRINK DOWN! You've been warned! I'm just saying!
"She wants a pecker for Christmas."
I said, "WHAT?"
Tyler, "Mom she wants a pecker. That's what she wants."
Me, "Tyler I don't think so."
Tyler, sighing and with eye roll "Mom, she's been wanting a pecker since she was one!"
Can you just picture my kid telling your token dept store Santa that his little sister wants a pecker for Christmas? Goodness!!!
September 1: Delana and flag football
Last week at practice, there were extra flags and so of course Delana wanted a set to wear. OMG, it was adorable!
Anyway, fast forward to last night. Delana remembered and asked for flags again. The she promptly told the coach, "I'm going to show (up) those boys!"
July 18: Tyler was just downstairs making what we thought was a birthday card for Bryan
since his birthday was this past Friday. And I guess it is still kind of a card.
On the outside it says:
Daddy, have a nice summer
On the inside it says:
I love you daddy (awwww!) beekus you are druk
Yes, seriously, my son wrote this. Then underneath he drew all 4 of us and he put drinks in me and Bryan's hands.
Okay there's some fun highlights of oh the past 6 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment