Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A trip without kids - May 3-8 er 9

This year Bryan and I decided to treat ourselves with a trip to Mexico. We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya in the Riveria Maya with another couple we are friends with. While there we also met some fabulous new friends from Alabama, San Diego, Pennsylvania and Texas. I have never stayed in an all-inclusive before and I'll tell you what, we picked a great one. It was absolutely wonderful! I even had my first massage - my Mother's Day gift to myself. We are hoping to return to another resort in 2 years and with the same friends we went with & met on this trip.

The only "bad" part of the trip was getting home. Our flight was cancelled due to engine issues and we ended up having to stay another night in Mexico. I know some of you are thinking "poor baby" but when you're set to go home AND AT THE AIRPORT, you're set to go home - even moreso when you're missing your son's baseball game because of it. But oh well, all's well that ends well and we made it home 24 hours later than planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment