We've all been trying to get our life back to normal, well as back to normal as it can be when there's still mounds of snow on the ground, another holiday for me & no school for most of the week......
Tuesday started the back to the grind week with both me & Bryan working (since last week there was only day that happened) and the kids going to grandma's. The roads were NASTAY on Tuesday morning which made for quite the long drive. It usually takes me 45 minutes to drive to the meeting spot & then on to work. It took me FORTY minutes just to get to the meeting spot. Ugh. The kids were being really good in the car though, which is always helpful. They made up a new song and I have yet to figure out what it means. They sung it to the tune of Frer Jacques
Grandma's cryin
Grandma's cryin
Don't know why
Don't know why
What is that all about?
Wednesday & Thursday continued the back to the grind week as I was able to get to the actual gym (rather than working out at home like I have been) both nights. And it felt great. I had an awesome workout both nights!
Today, was the ultimate back to the grind happening - TYLER WENT BACK TO SCHOOL! Granted there was a 2 hour delay this morning but hey we'll take it. He had been off school for NINE continuous (school) days. NINE DAYS. I hope that's a record we'll never break. His school is running on what they're calling alternate bus routes but again, we'll take it. He has to be taken up to the state route (about 2 miles) to board the bus and drop off is the same. There is still so much snow on the back roads that the issues at this time are busses getting stuck, having enough room for vehicles to pass each other & busses being able to turn around. Thankfully officials in Belmont County declared the entire county a state of emergency and so now ODOT can help get this snow moved. There was a big difference in the road conditions from this morning to this evening. PLUS IT HIT ABOVE FREEZING today & was sunny. That helped a lot too.
Good week I must say!
No comments:
Post a Comment