Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Camping in February?!?!

It's safe to assume that most of my readers (haha, as if I have readers) know that my family loves camping. We camp pretty much every single weekend Bryan is off in the summer as well as a a couple of kickoff trips early spring and sometimes an end of the season trip in the fall. And heck, we even camp in our own backyard as well. Most of the entire summer last year we slept in the camper even at home just cause we felt like it. The kids think it's awesome & honestly I sleep pretty darn good myself! Tyler has been asking when we're going to go again. Judging by the amount of snow we have, my best guess would be August. HA!

Today in a moment of inspiration I came up with what I thought would be a fun activity after dinner - we'd build ourselves a tent RIGHT in the living room. We've built tents before in the playroom but not the tent I was envisioning. This was to be the tent to end all tents. People would see it and think I was starting my own circus by God!


So how did it fare? Well let's just put it this way - I am very thankful that I wasn't the person building our house. It kept falling apart. So I gave up the dream of the circus tent and decided to be happy with a much smaller version. And it held up!



Tyler & Delana peeking out of the entrance:


About halfway through our camping adventure, they asked for a snack. We headed out to the kitchen to get some Doritos (cursed nacho chips - evil little triangles!) and the kids promptly went to their seats at the kitchen island. Oh but did I ever surprise them - I told them to eat it in the tent. They thought this was the coolest thing EVAH.



Our tent even came with all the amenities. According to the kids, there was a TV on the ceiling. We're watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on it in this pic. Tyler and Delana even sang the theme song for..oh wait I mean the TV even played the theme song for the show.


Delana declared herself "my tired mommy" shortly after the snack so I got her up to bed and then Tyler and I just hung out in our little tent until Bryan got home. We had so much fun just talking about goofy stuff. He was very much concerned about what I do at work & why the people couldn't "just live in a tent if they don't have a house." I decided it best to save that conversation for another day and just explained that it would really cold in a tent on a day like today. He bought that answer and then we talked about future camping trips and fun stuff instead. I also promised him we'd sleep in a tent in his room on saturday night. I have yet to figure out exactly how this is going to happen but it will!

No comments:

Post a Comment