Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Saved by a tea party

To say we're all going a little stir crazy right now is a huuuuuge understatement. The kids have left the homestead all of once since Friday afternoon and that was only for our little drive to Family Market. Thankfully Bryan and I did get out of the house on Sunday to watch the Super Bowl with some friends at least. As you can imagine, we're all just tired of each other! I also lucked out today because my office wound up being closed due to lack of parking of all things. Unfortunately the luck ended there - the kids were wired today - WIRED. Tyler and Delana are very much like me in that they thrive on schedules & knowing what to expect. I'm sure some of that is because that's all they've ever known. It's always been this way - Dad being off certain days (and even that was screwy) & Mom working through the week (and again that was screwy!) Add in no school for Tyler for 2 days and Delana not on her regular schedule of going to grandma's well you've basically got a disaster. And that's pretty much what we had today - constant aruging over everything, complaints of being bored, refusing to eat, refusing to nap........

The afternoon wound up getting a little better because Delana settled down and did finally fall asleep (at 3 pm) and Tyler kept himself busy by playing Lego Star Wars. Unfortunately Delana woke up on the wrong side of the crib and man was she in a mood. After dinner Tyler & Delana retreated to the playroom and I cleaned up the kitchen and got lunches prepped. Tyler kept insisting I had to come downstairs soon and after I finished my work, I went downstairs. I was immediately greeted by a "tea party" in my honor!


I made them pose with the setup - I really was surprised at all the detail - place settings, books for bear to sit on, throw rug, tablecloth.....it was all just TOO cute!


I guess the tea party actually was a dinner party. Tyler is reading me the menu. My choices were: chicken wings, macaroni & cheese, crab legs or chicken nuggets (yes my kid said crab legs). Of course I ordered the crab legs.


I'm sure you are all wondering exactly what he used for crab legs. Well wonder no more. They were divine.



Of course no dinner party is complete without dessert!



It's amazing how one simple little dinner party can complete change your entire day isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment