Many of you know this and maybe some of you don't BUT I am scared of colored walls. I mean petrified. When we built our new house 5 years ago, I didn't even consider it. White walls it was. All white. Every room. Have you ever painted a brand new home with no carpet or heck no anything in it? Well it's quite difficult - I was literally blinded by lack of color.
Okay, so anyway, back to this new bedroom....I finally decided that it was time for color and the first spot was to be Delana's room. We already had the new bedding and the new big girl bed so it seemed a natural choice to go all out with colored walls too. Off to Lowe's I go and then the fear set in - what if I pick the wrong color? What if it looks horrible? I texted my friend Jen in a moment of panic and she pulled through for me. She talked me down and I decided on yellow. Unfortunately when I got home, it just didn't look right. (And I'm thinking, yeah...this is why I don't do color!) So back to Lowe's I go to ask them to lighten the yellow or if there's a way to make it more of a green. The lady there was SO nice and told me to just pick out an all new color and we'd trade it. So I settled on Valspar's Abisinthe Mint (not sure if that spelling is right) and I have to say it turned out FANTASTIC! And it was even better that Bryan did the painting while I was out of town for a conference. Even better. So when I returned home, there was a gorgeous painted room all ready for me to see. Yay!
The next day, we headed to Lowe's first thing in the morning to buy trim and again, this was something that I really wasn't into at first and again, it turned out great. While there, we also looked at some new hardware for the dresser. Unfortunately the ones I liked were NINE dollars each - putting the handles at more than the dresser probably cost! No way. So I decided I'd try to spray paint the handles. It was worth a try. I found some spray paint that supposedly bonded better to plastic and was even in a really pretty lilac color. $4 and about an hour later - wallah - brand new handles that in my opinion look fantastic!
Up next.......Tyler's room!
No comments:
Post a Comment