Yesterday I mentioned how much Tyler has improved in football since the start of the YMCA flag football league. It is really amazing actually. Today during Delana's nap he requested to "pass some football" and of course I obliged. It was a beautiful day out and I was more than happy to get outside and enjoy it. He goes through spells of catching/not catching. It seems if he catches one, he catches 10 and vice versa. So in the first half (Tyler insisted we play halves, with a halftime break and some kind of scoring system he made up on his own) he dropped nearly every pass. We took a break on the swing by the fire pit, errrr.....locker room and then started the second half. This half he turned it ON and caught 4 or 5 passes in a row right from the start. He then informed me: "Wow Mom! I guess I had my 5 hour energy today."
This wound up being a good thing because later on that afternoon some of our friends came to visit and Tyler really needed that energy. (If you know Tyler, you sense the sarcasm here - the kid has 15 hour energy!) We had a great afternoon/evening visiting and playing. It was really funny because for the first time the boys did their own thing (cars) and the girls did their own thing (coloring. I was unable to get a pic of the boys - imagine that but my friend Aimee got a great one of our 3 girls coloring.
No comments:
Post a Comment