Friday, October 15, 2010

Another great recipe, another wasted dinner for Delana

I have the pickiest 3 year old on the planet when it comes to eating. She has always been a light eater, even as a baby. I don't remember her ever eating more than 6 ounces of formula at any time and so her current pickiness/lack of eating should come as no surprise. And yet, it still frustrates me to no end! Tyler was a picky eater at this age but he's got NOTHING on Delana. I could always bribe him with a snack later or threaten to take away something he loves or wants to do. But Delana, oh Delana - she just plain straight up does not care about the consequences of not eating breakfast, lunch or dinner. (Although typically dinner is our biggest battle.)

Last night I made a fabulous recipe and at first even Tyler turned his nose up at it but as soon as he tasted it (something Delana wouldn't even attempt) he exclaimed, "Wow Mom, this chicken is GOOD!" Oh yeah - SUCCESS! Delana basically sat there and pouted and wouldn't even consider touching the chicken or the carrots. Thankfully she did eat the cheese cubes and the banana - which honestly were only there because I knew she'd at least eat those. Perhaps that's the issue, I don't know. I can't exactly let her starve though, right?

Readers (all 6 of you): I'm accepting any and all tips for dealing with this by the way.

Now on to the recipe!

Greek Chicken (from my friend Amie)

Ingredients
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 roma tomato (seeded and diced)
1/2 cup red, orange or yellow pepper diced
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
2 minced garlic cloves
1 cup crumbled feta cheese (I actually just use a 6 oz container from the store)
1 Tbsp olive oil

Procedure
Place chicken in a greased baking dish and sprinkle with pepper

In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, peppers, parsley, oregano, garlic and feta
Evenly spoon over chicken and drizzle with olive oil

Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes in a 375° oven or until the feta is lightly golden and chicken feels springy (Ours took closer to 50 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment