Tyler's elementary school's PTO puts on an annual event and well it's called...guess. It's a very nice event and I can't understand why more kids/parents don't attend. They put inflatables in the gym for the kids to play on and have many games for winning prizes/candy. Then there's a Chinese auction as well. Last year I won a gift certificate for dinner out but this year I wasn't so lucky. Ah well. The entire event is just FUN for the kids and the PTO raises a little money from it. I'm all about getting something for my buck that isn't a candle, pizza kit or some other useless ornamental somethingorother I really don't need.
Our day actually started out much much earlier than that because Tyler had his last football game at 9:00. If they had won this playoff game, they actually would have played another game this coming Saturday. I was torn between wanting them to win and hoping they wouldn't (BAD MOM!) because it's been a lot of running around for us. Well they lost so it's over. I feel really bad for the boys because they didn't win a single game this entire year. Oh well, they learned a lot and improved so much over the course of the season. I saw it in all the boys and especially in Tyler. He is catching really well and I swear this kid is going to be a punter - he has a great boot. (They don't punt or kick at all in the games, he just loves to do it and he's pretty good.)
After the game, we attended the previous mentioned Fall Festival and then headed home to hopefully watch the Ohio State Buckeyes kick some butt. That didn't quite work out as planned. Overall though we had a good day despite the outcome of the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment