Monday, October 4, 2010

And just where the HELL have you been?!

Boy if I could count how many times I heard that from my mother growing up.....

I disappeared from the blogosphere. I have no excuses - just horrible, horrible shame.

So where have I been since May? I think the question is more like where HAVEN'T I been?

End of May
Tyler graduated Kindergarten and started baseball. We went camping with friends for Memorial Day.

Early June
Tyler turned 6 and we had a very nice party attended by great friends and family. He got a bike WITHOUT TRAINING WHEELS for his birthday and rode it all summer long. He is starting to be quite the daredevil actually. He also played his last baseball game on June 13. He just loves baseball and we were sad to see it end but also HAPPY because then the camping season can begin!

June 18-21: first official trip of the year (Bryan was able to come)
We went to Canaan Valley Resort/Campground and had a great time. It's so gorgeous there. The kids loved Blackwater Falls.

July 3-10: Family vacation at Topsail Island, NC
AWESOME TRIP! We went with my parents, my sisters and another family that we're friends with. The beach there is gorgeous and everyone had a great time! Lots of good food, good drinks and just fun! We did wish there was a little more to do in that area but it was still very nice!

July 15-18: JAMBOREE IN THE HILLS!
Like always, mom and dad had a blast while the kids stayed with grandparents - two days at Bryan's parents and two days at my parents. Jamboree is one of the best times - good friends, good music and lots of beer.

July 23-25: Camping trip to Akron/Canton area
We spent Saturday at Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom. We lucked out because the weather was perfect during the day. Not so perfect that evening and the next morning. We really had a great time here though - their kids area rocks!

July 30-Aug 1: Took a break, well kinda
We hosted friends at our house for a weekend of fun. But, hey we did STAY home!

August 6-8: Kansas City for a girls weekend
I am a nerd and I have a lot of online mom friends. We've been friends for YEARS. And this year, we had a huge GTG in Kansas City (it's centrally located) and it was a blast! I had so much fun with all my girls! We ended up with around 22 attending which isn't too bad considering we have about 50 really active members on the board and about 100 total. SO MUCH FUN!

August 13-15: Took another weekend off, just chilled and got ready for.....

August 18-22: Last camping trip - Washington DC
We stayed in a nearby state park in Maryland and saw plenty of sights during the trip. The highlight for me was (NERD ALERT) the Holocaust Museum. The kids really enjoyed going up in the Washington Monument. In fact the day after, Delana requested to go up in the "castle" again and cried when I told her we couldn't. I thought they would like the Smithsonian museums a little more but oh well. Maybe next time. We had to go inside them though because it was SO HOT out that week. Wow! We also toured the Capitol and if you're a FB friend you already saw that I felt that was a huge bust. Bummer! It was way better when I was a kid - the tour now isn't nearly as nice. Too many people!

Unfortunately during the trip, I caught the flu BIG TIME. I wound up missing two more days of work and really didn't feel 100% for about 3 weeks. That kind of stunk.

August 25: Tyler's first day of school - FIRST GRADE!
His teacher is Mrs. Cook and she's awesome so far. Tyler is really enjoying first grade, that's for sure.

September 7: Delana's first day of PRESCHOOL!
Don't you dare call it preschool in front of her though. It's school by god. She won't even entertain the idea of it being pre. She's too funny. I really thought she would struggle but she has surprised us all and hasn't cried once. I totally did not expect that. She attends two days a week - Tuesdays & Thursdays.

September 11: Tyler's first flag football game
He loves it. And you know we do too! WOOHOO!!! Every week he & the team have gotten better. Unfortunately they haven't won a single game yet. But oh well.

September 23-25
Thursday I took the kids to the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival which they always enjoy. That night is the night to ride for the low, low price of $9 per person. (HA!) Friday night we had a sitter and were able to enjoy the Festival without kids for a while and then headed to Wheeling Downs to party it up with some college friends of mine. Saturday, Kenna and I went to the Ohio State football game. They kicked some serious booty and we had a great time. (It was Kenna's first game.)

And there you go....all caught up! Last weekend was a chill weekend and we really needed it. Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment