Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baseball!

Tyler's team had their second practice last night and it's amazing to see the improvement in all the kids already. I have to say it is VERY hard to observe only. I really should have volunteered to coach - maybe next year.

For those of you that may not know, Tyler loves baseball. He gets it honest - he's grown up with it, heck he was at Jenny's games in utero listening to Mom cheer (and maybe get into a small argument with someone *blush*) and then attending Jenny's games or my women's league games ever since. We were very disappointed to learn that last year he missed the cutoff for turning 5 and was unable to play. His exact words were, "mommy I'm very sad I can't play baseball." Then on his 5th birthday he woke me up extra bright and early to announce, "Now I can play baseball!" Talk about heartbreaking.

Oh well, Tyler just got another year of practice and practice he did. He attended a 4 weekend long camp at the YMCA and spent most of the summer whacking balls (and his friend Davis's eye and Delana's tooth out - both completely innocent accidents) with us in the yard.

This year though, he is old enough and very excited. It's so cute to watch him really enjoy a sport. He tried soccer but it just wasn't his thing. But baseball - oh yeah, he loves it. It helps that he's pretty damn good too. *halo* Last night he played 2nd base, 3rd base and 1st base at different times during the practice. I think he liked 1st the best. It might have just been because he was beside Cade though who was playing 2nd at the time.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Tyler ! Have lots of fun and MawMaw loves you very much....

    ReplyDelete