Tuesday, April 20, 2010

We have a BIG GIRL!

It has finally happened folks! My daughter will not be in a crib come high school! It is official - you can write it down. At the ripe age of 3 years and 2 weeks, Delana is OUT of her crib!

There was no reason for it beyond me finding someone that was looking for a crib. I didn't want to miss this opportunity to sell it that easily so I called Bryan on Monday and informed him that tonight was THE last night for the crib. That night, Delana and I talked about it so I could feel her out. I asked her if she was ready for a big girl bed and she said, "Nayna sleep in bed like Tywer?" and was so excited. So yeah I guess she was ready.

This morning, Bryan had quite the project to undertake. Tyler's current bed is (was) a day bed. This means rails and so our plan has always been to move that bed to Delana's room so we can put it against the wall with the rails facing out (backwards) and then to set up the extra bed my sister Kenna gave us for Tyler. So today, Bryan took apart the crib, took apart Tyler's bed, moved it to Delana's room AND put together another bed. Whew! I bet he would have preferred to have worked today.

Delana was very excited for her new bed!




And Tyler, for his!





Delana even napped in it yesterday with no problems! She didn't even attempt to climb out (this was a concern for us especially now that she can open doors). In fact she climbs IN but will not climb OUT. This kid!! Seriously, she stands there and yells, "Help Nayna! Need help out!"

Tonight at bed time, she was again very excited and laid right down in her new bed. I checked on her later and yep - sound asleep! Where's that Staples button cause "That was easy!"

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Delana ! That is to funny that she won't climb out.. Love ya Delana

    ReplyDelete