Well I guess I don't need to explain the subject of today's post. It's DELANA'S BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!! A good friend of mine made the above invite. Everyone oooh and ahhh at how awesome it is. Thanks Cheri! And prepare to oooh and ahhh again over the awesome cake my mother-in-law made. She is very talented! You'll have to take my word for it but the cake tasted just as good as it looked.

Delana's birthday was actually April 9 but I have two friends whose children were born close to that date (April 11 & April 13) so we have to work together to figure out the dates for the parties. I offered to go late this year because I wanted to score some warmer weather. HA! Let me say it again - HA! Yeah it was warmer weather alright but the forecast was thunderstorms the entire day. That's just fantastic. I had visions of this awesome time of the kids doing their thing on our swingset & sandbox and the adults kicking it with some adult beverages on our back deck. HA. Thankfully God was on my side (well other than the weather) because I lucked out completely that the gym in the old school in our town was available for rent that day. And relatively cheap! A quick set of emails/phone calls/facebooking and the party was moved. Whew. It meant a lot more work for me since I had to take everything to the gym but you do what you gotta do. I had a few moments of freak out (right Aimee?) and worry about having games but I got over that. I did print out some Mickey themed coloring packets for the kids in case they felt like coloring there and as part of their favors to take home.


Sunday morning we woke up to a gorgeous morning. I was silently cursing my luck because well I could have just had this party at home. However by the time we started packing things up to head up to the gym it was getting cloudy and windy. And wouldn't you know it, at right about 2:15 the thunder started rolling and man did it rain! That kind of made me happy. By about 2:30 almost all the guests had arrived and Bryan was back with the hot dogs (he went home to grill them) so everyone dug in. For those of you that may not know Mickey and friends sing the "hot dog" song at the end of every episode so it was only fitting for us to serve hot dogs, complete with all the toppings - ketchup, mustard, relish, sauerkraut, cole slaw, cheese and sloppy joes. We also had chips, baked beans and potato salad.

We ate, we talked, the kids played and before long it was time for CAKE! Delana was very concerned over whether she was getting sung to - she asked me at least twice while I was getting the cake put out and people were taking pictures. I assured her we were singing and this year she really loved the attention.

Waiting patiently to be served the first piece of cake & ice cream

One last pic of the birthday girl!

What a great party! Delana was really excited about her presents too. This is the first year she has really been into her party and it was so much fun sharing it with everyone. Thanks all!
No comments:
Post a Comment