We started off at a couple flea market/antique shops in Wytheville, VA. My parents, okay my mom is addicted to these impossible things. I enjoy them but with the kids, it's difficult because they always find something they want me to buy. Today was no different and we ended up with a poseable Minnie for Delana ($2) and a Star Wars dude for Tyler ($4). At least my kids are cheap.
After that, we wound up heading just a bit north (as in UP) because I wanted to go to the Big Walker Mountain Lookout Tower. Unfortunately once we got there, I quickly changed my mind about going up in the tower. First, it was so windy and that thing was a creaking. Second, well if you had seen this old rickety thing in person...you'd understand. I am not normally afraid of things like that but there was no way I was taking myself and the kids up that thing. Uh-huh. Instead we found a trail that went up about as high and took the kids on that instead. Delana insisted on walking "by mself" but she later decided she had to ride the horsey down. Uh, one guess who the horsey was. Thank God she only weighs 26 lbs.
Here's the view from the top:

Tyler was asking my dad if you could see Tennessee from here. Only Tyler!

Then we had an early dinner at a seafood place in the town - supposedly the best seafood around which means I feel really bad for the worst place. It just wasn't that great. After a quick stop at KMart just because we felt like it, we headed home to call it a night and to watch the WVU game.

That wound up being a huge letdown - boo!
No comments:
Post a Comment