Tonight after the kids were done with their bath (yes I still bathe them together - they love it!) I took Delana to get her jammies on and Tyler headed to his room to do his jammies. Tyler likes to use his little heater we have in there to warm him up after his bath and usually Delana joins him in his room for the same reason. Tonight was no different. I went into our bedroom to finish putting away Bryan's work clothes & Tyler and Delana were in Tyler's room. The door was closed, of course so that the room would stay warmer. I was probably in our bedroom for about 10 minutes. I then went into Tyler's room. I opened the door and Tyler is still unclothed, sitting in front of the heater and Delana is right next to him. They're both looking down at something.
I then asked a completely innocent question:
"Tyler what are you guys looking at?"
This was NOT the answer I expected:
"Oh I'm just showing Delana how peebugs grow."
It took me a moment to compose myself mainly because I was fighting an internal battle over whether I should freak out or laugh out loud at the innocent-ness of this event. I took a deep breath, collected myself, and calmly said: "Tyler we don't show others how our peebugs grow. We do that in private."
Add THAT to the list of things I never thought I'd say in my life.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(62)
-
▼
March
(12)
- Mornings you are slowly becoming my friend
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Not exactly the big girl room I had in mind
- Actual happening in our house
- It's Spring, it really is!
- Busy weekend!
- Further proof my children are ready for summer
- Delana on the death of Corey Haim
- Sassy and funny girl
- Mid year resolutions
- Could it really be true?
- The heck with Mario...we like WARIO!
-
▼
March
(12)
No comments:
Post a Comment