Monday, March 22, 2010

Not exactly the big girl room I had in mind

Today I got another project started. Delana is almost 3 and shows no signs of ever leaving her crib. I'm starting to think she may very well have to get matching his & her cribs when she marries to be honest. Okay anyway, yes, that's right - Delana is still in her crib. This crib (and bedding and other decor) have been about the only constant thing in my life in the past 6 years. SIX years the crib has been present, let me say that again - SIX years, SIX! I should have done a new nursery when I was pregnant with Delana I guess. I just never thought she'd still be in her crib at this age. Tyler was out right after he turned 2 as I was pregnant by then but it was actually more because he climbed out of it at around 14 months. We were able to keep him in the crib another 11 months thankfully. I figured we'd have the crib about another 2 years so why waste all that money on a new nursery when I could save it for the BIG GIRL room instead.

Well fast forward to now. My precious baby girl won't even attempt to climb out of the crib. In fact we still put her in timeouts in it and when we go up to get her out, she seriously has one leg up over the rail and is just standing there crying, "want ouuuuuut! Let Nana out!!!" Yeah - like I said, she'll be in this crib until marriage.

I decided yesterday enough was enough - if I didn't get that Pooh bedding & decor out of her room I was going to go nuts. I did the best I could with her crib still present and I have to say I'm pretty proud of how it came out. The comforter (that I've had for a year, as well as all the other decor I might add) folded quite nicely to fit in her crib without looking too goofy. I hung up a shelf we bought last summer at a craft fair and also two butterflies I purchased around the same time as the comforter on one of the walls. My plans are to eventually paint her room when we do the complete BIG GIRL room transition but this will have to suffice for now. I feel better and most importantly Delana loves her "pwetty woom!" and especially her "piw-whoa" - you should have seen her beaming when I put her to bed last night. It was the cutest!

Here's a few pics:




2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, we just took the front rail off Eliana's crib to turn it into a "big girl bed" within the past 2 months... and she'll be 3 in about five weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is she doing with it Amy? Delana is going to be three 2 weeks from tomorrow. I want to move her but am too concerned about her not staying in the bed...

    ReplyDelete