This morning I slept in just a little later than yesterday and when I woke up, I did my regular morning routine of making breakfast for everyone. On the weekends Bryan is off, we like to have big breakfasts at least once and this morning it was banana fosters french toast. It's one of our favorites & I think we have it at least twice a month now. The recipe:
Banana Fosters French Toast
Ingredients
2 eggs
1/2 cup cream (I just use milk)
1 tsp cinnamon
8 slices bread
2 bananas
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3 tbsp butter
Procedure
Beat eggs, and add cream and cinnamon. Dip bread in mixture and fry in a skillet with butter flavored cooking spray. After all breadis done, melt butter in skillet. Slice bananas and add to butter. Add brown sugar and saute' for a few minutes until it thickens a little. Pour over french toast.
Anyway, after breakfast was over & cleaned up, I spent a little time goofing off online but decided today was the day to put away the rest of my Christmas stuff (snowmen and yes, a few Santas still) and get out my Easter stuff. And I don't know if you're like me but if you are, just one project just isn't enough. I then decided to really light a fire up under my ass and wound up FINALLY putting out some stuff I've had in storage for a while from Celebrating Home. I've had it for almost a year but just never had the motivation to actually do anything with it. Today was the day. I decorated my entryway, my dining room wall and then I even finally put up some pics in a wall collage type thing I've had in my head for a while. Obviously Bryan helped with this. You should have seen him hanging the sign above the window as it was a very comical routine involving a tape measure even. He's such a perfectionist!
I am very pleased with the results. Hope you like!
Our entryway - it came out even better than I had pictured in my head

Our dining room - the shelves are the new addition:

My new wall collage - I'd like to do more with this but it's all I got right now. Yes, Delana's frame still needs a one year picture. Yes, she's going to be three. I know how sad this is.

New wall hanging above our living room window:
No comments:
Post a Comment